Saturday, December 31, 2011

A farewell to 2011.


Dear 2011,
Thank you for being a part of my life. You have changed me in so many ways, I cannot even begin to describe. You have taught me to love and laugh, and you have taught me to forget and how hard it is to lose a friend. So I thank you. We have been through so much together, but I look forward to the future. This year has been difficult, from now on I chose to no longer dwell in the past, what could have beens, what ifs, and wondering my life away.

Things that are meant to be will be, and I no longer wish to fight them, or fight for them. I am closing this chapter in my life, never to look back. Not even for the memories. I have learned so very much about myself, and what really matters in life.

Thank you to all the people that have actually stood by me, and those who haven't, for you have taught me the value of those who have.

Thank you to all the people who have been true friends, and to the friends that are more like family than anything else.

Yes, 2011, you were a challange, but I have come out on the other side, a stronger, braver person, and I know I am better for it.

I have learned to laugh and love with others, but mostly myself. I'm ready for 2012 and all of the wonderful things that come with it.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment