Saturday, July 30, 2011

Three years ago …

Three years ago on a night, much like tonight, we lost one of the strongest, bravest, most inspiring people I have ever known. It seems like it was all a foggy nightmare, a strange occurrence, happening in another time and place.

But it was very much reality. A moment which you try to forget, but cannot. A moment in which you wish you could stop time, and make sense of it. My grandmother always said that some people are too special to be on this earth for too long; too special to be away from God. We wish we could keep them with us forever, knowing that they'll be there to listen when we need to vent, wipe our tears when we need to cry, and lift our spirits when they are dampened.

Mommy Rufo, you will forever live in our memories & our hearts. Thank you for teaching me just how strong I can be. Thank you for showing me what strength & bravery means. I'm sorry to have lost you, but am thankful for every moment spent with you. Thank you, most of all, for raising the wonderful woman I have the privilege of calling my best friend.

Tonight, I dedicate this small & insignificant post to two very special women on my life; Zara & Nina Rufo. I cannot express what you two mean to me. I am blessed to have crossed your path, and I know that you will forever be watching over us. To my dearest Nina, thank you for letting me come along this strange journey with you. Know that your sorrows are mine, as your happines.

RIP Zara. You are gone, but not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment